Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Whatever Happened to Wednesday?

"I thought about how easily we are all brainwashed by our society and culture to stop thinking and just assume by default that more money equals more success and more happiness, when ultimately happiness is really just about enjoying life."

- Tony Hsieh, Delivering Happiness, New York Times Best Seller

One of my books to finish this week is Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion And Purpose by the CEO of Zappos.com, Inc., Tony Hsieh. His last name is pronounced, "shay", in case you were wondering. It's been on my reading list for quite awhile. Thankfully, my sister-in-law had a fresh copy she picked up at an airport awhile back. Funny, I tend to buy business magazines when I fly but maybe I need to start purchasing books for long flights.

In reading this quirky, autobiographical business memoir I realized that I need to share more wisdom. Delivering Happiness is all about learning from past mistakes and offering advice from someone who has had many highs and lows, personally and professionally. It's an informal, fun read packed with gems of wisdom, the process of building a brand and living a purposeful life. 

I am more than half way through his story and I cannot wait to get to the end. I really appreciate his authenticity and willingness to live a happy life. Clearly his life is less stressful than most, since  Zappos.com was acquired by Amazon a few years for over $1 billion. Someone's sitting pretty.

Regardless of his financial security, you have to read the book to respect his hustle and the lessons he learned along the way. It takes a lot of grit and a tad bit of craziness to earn the list of accomplishments he has on his resume.

Though I have not posted on Wednesdays because I have yet to profile a women entrepreneur, I am dedicating future hump days to "Wisdom Wednesday". From books, magazines, blog posts, conferences, interviews and everything in between, there is a lot of wisdom to share.

If happiness is about enjoying life as Mr. Hsieh states, then for me, imparting knowledge and wisdom to others makes me happy. To learn more about the book, visit www.deliveringhappiness.com.

Let the wisdom building, wisdom sharing begin!

- Ijeoma


Want more? Follow me on Twitter, @Lucky_IJ and  Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by