Why hello there. Happy 2013!
I last published a blog post almost five weeks ago, which in the blogging world is probably equivalent to five months. Pheww. It has been awhile indeed. The quick and dirty is that I had a death in my extended family that made it awfully difficult to be creative, to write, to do the things I really wanted to do. The hiatus was necessary even though the timing was inopportune. Such is life.
About that new blog design. It is still in the works. The process is taking a little longer than I thought but I have seen a few mock-ups and I like what I see thus far. I figured I would post an update to anyone who cares and is anxiously waiting. ;-)
I will leave you with what else, another list. In no particular order, here are my top five events/successes since December. Cheers!
Top 5 Things That Made Me Happy Since Dec. 17th
1. I joined Pinterest - and I love it! Check out my boards.
2. I scored an amazing internship at an education startup in D.C.
3. I went to President Obama's public swearing-in on the mall on Martin Luther King Jr.'s holiday. I braved cold temperatures but it was worth it. I will probably post pictures and videos on Facebook.
4. My sister helped me buy some amazing heels over the holiday season. They are cute and affordable, always a win win. Pictures to follow when I wear them!
5. I've decided to organize my blog a bit more by creating an editorial calendar. I am going to let my ideas run wild and then figure out how to incorporate them into a simple, manageable schedule.