Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Faves

Happy International Women's Day. Though in my last post, I mentioned that I would highlight a few of my favorite posts I think I'll save the vanity for another day. To celebrate International Women's Day (March 8th), here are a few of my favorite online resources for young women like yours truly.

1. The Everygirl - I discovered this site after Forbes.com listed it in not one, but two of their lists for 2012. It's a casual and carefree with topics ranging from jobs/internships, fashion and wellness. My favorite part of the site are the features. It's great to read about women who have really taken their professional lives into their own hands.

2. Learnvest - This financial-savvy site is targeted to women to ensure that women take control and understand their finances. Their motto, "where life gets richer" is clever and I'm finally going to sign up this year. There is a lot of great information as well as personal stories about women how have saved, invested and eliminated debt.

3. Levo League - I am a big fan of Caroline and Amanda for developing a professional site for young women. There is a ton of career advice, including office hours from women across a variety of industries. I really like the look-and-feel of the new design for 2013. The site continues to grow which is exciting to see.

These are just a few of my favorites sites that target young women. Though I would like to see more diversity, I think these resources have helped me (and so many others) in different areas of my life. Kudos to their founders! 

I will leave you with a particularly appropriate quote from the one and only, Madeline Albright -

"There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by