Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Making Progress


On Tuesday, I was so very tempted to not go to the NAPW meeting, even though I already mentioned my curiosity and interest for attending. Alas, I went. I ended up at Tempo Restaurant in Alexandria. The pasta shells and cream sauce was okay. I was more interested in meeting the women. The Chapter President, Andrea Hancock, was so friendly. I even got a gift at the end of the meeting! She started her own professional organizing business last year. I will definitely be interviewing her in the near future. I peppered her with a bunch of questions and she seemed willing and ready to answer them. I think she has a good story to share. I just need to follow up with her and we'll take it from there. I met a few other women as well and hope to connect with more soon. There are chapters all over the place. This organization might be up my alley, so I will need to decide if I want to become a member or not.

The informational interview planned for Tuesday was postponed till next week. Things change, so I try to stay limber and keep moving. What's been moving lately is my activity on Twitter (@Lucky_IJ). I've a handful of followers in a short amount of time. I've been tweeting and retweeting messages as often as I can. Usually, I send quick messages in the morning and again the evening. Social media is fascinating because it's everchanging. There is no constant, or so it seems. Tweetreach has helped me track where my tweets are going, based on my the number of tweets and followers. I see gains, which is promising.

Aside from networking and working on my internships, I still volunteer! I will be helping out at the Brides Against Cancer event in D.C. this evening. It's a great cause and should be a lot of fun. I will need my strength and energy because I am sure it will be a frenetic evening.

Time to tackle the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by