Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

On the Right Path

After a busy week, it was nice to relax this weekend. During worship service, I was reminded of two things - to give generously and to follow His path. I can never go wrong with that type of guidance and advice. The Sabbath is always a good reminder to rest.

This weekend, I also got a new copy of Inc. magazine, which is funny because I'm still processing last month's issue. Inc. magazine is a publication and website for entrepreneurs and business owners. I always read my issue front to cover. The September issue included the list the fastest growing companies, based on a set of metrics that Inc. compiles. The profiles of companies and their respective business owners is always a fascinating read. I enjoyed reading about Indigo Johnson, an African-American woman who runs a talent management company in Georgia. She would be a great person to interview. I haven't finish the current issue yet, but the piece about one of Fab.com's co-founders was riveting. I think I might re-read it.

Showing my support!
Speaking of interviews, I have an informational interview tomorrow. I will definitely give a recap about how it goes. I'm hoping to line up a few others as I solidify my Midwest tour. Aside from hitting America's heartland, I am heading to Philadelphia next week. I am really looking forward to volunteering at the Pennsylvania Conference for Women! I hope I get a chance to talk to Tory Johnson, a small business expert and a Good Morning America contributor. I've been a big fan since I learned of her story and her Sparkle & Hustle events last summer. I've joined the conference's LinkedIn group and will send an email to be a guest blogger. Along with supporting women and their businesses, the conference will collect accessories on behalf of Career Wardrobe, a nonprofit that offers professional wear and career education for women in transition.

There are a lot of great events and programs ahead but I'm taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by