Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Back to Reality

I am enamored with fall weather. I love the change in foliage. I love the bright days and humidity-free air. I love relaxing on such a nice, simple day. I ended the week on a promising note. A lot of good follow up and future work that will be featured in online magazines and blogs. The week was a long one and I was exhausted by Friday afternoon. In the last 24 hours, I've taken two intense siestas on top of my nightly slumber. I can honestly say that I am rested and ready to get back to work in the morning.

Working six days of week is demanding. The reality is that I cannot fall behind. It's in my best interest to work harder than I ever have before. Nonetheless, I need to be more perceptive of my time management and wellness while developing an overall balance. Naturally, the concept of making sense of building a business and having a life is easier said then done.

Since I start my workweek on Sunday, I always like to tackle my emails and get as many assignments under control as possible. In terms of allocating my time, I think I might need to do a little re-adjusting and just place realistic boundaries on my goals. You cannot do everything. Prior to reading a Forbes.com article this evening, a quote appeared that is so apropos.

“Business demands faith, compels earnestness, requires courage, is honestly selfish, is penalized for mistakes, and is the essence of life.” -  William Feather

Enough said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by