|Civic duty, done and done.|
Enough about this very long and expensive election, here are my goals for November.
- Further elaborate on the purpose of blog and/or personal website, which includes the "About" section and transferring content to Wordpress. I'm upgrading!
- Buy a "real" aka professional camera with a price range of $150-$250. Word on the street is that you cannot go wrong with a Nikon or Canon. I am banking on a few, good holiday deals this season.
- Create and maintain monthly budget for work related expenses. I need to work on my non-existent accounting skills.
- Explore another social media account, either Tumblr (hence the camera purchase) or Pinterest.
- Utilize LinkedIn Premium account and enhance summary and experience, with specialties and computer software applications, etc.
I have four as of right now, even though I thought I would have three. I probably will add one or two more. Once December rolls around, my motivation may well be weather dependent. It's a rather biting cold temperature today and it does not help that my niece and nephew got my sick. I saw it coming. I didn't even venture out last night but the rest of my week looks busy. I might as well rest up and stay healthy.
Let's review the progress I made on my October goals:
- Purchased my own domain name to make enhance my credibility and casually tell people to "visit my website". Completed but I haven't told anyone. 1 point.
- Updated my LinkedIn profile with action verbs, a jazzy introduction and new recommendations. Semi-completed. Half point. I received a recommendation and several endorsements. I still have yet to settle on a fabulous introduction. See November goals.
- Finished at least one business school application. Half point. I actually decided to remove a school from my list because I realize it does entirely fit me. Basically, I found better schools which helps me generate a more targeted list.
- Completed 40 blog posts (long term goal is celebrate #100 by year's end!) Completed. 1 point. I am going to stress quality over quantity. 100 entries is definitely not happening.
- Joined a professional organization. Hmm.. I went back and forth on this one. I think I need more time to determine which organization is best but I have considered joining a Meetup group. I won't count this one, for now.
And there you have it. Three points out of four is not too bad, especially since I was traveling for most of October. Here's to more goals and more opportunities!