Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Co-working

I like co-working. I like it a lot. Thanks to Foster.ly for hosting today's "Women Focused Study Hall". I wish K-12 education and college was more like a co-working lab. Ideas exchange. Networking. Problems. Solutions. Free WiFi! When women get together, there is truly a sense of camaraderie and a real desire to offer support.

Foster.ly gear. Be jealous.
Traveling to the uber nice neighborhood of Chevy Chase was a bit of trek but as always, the time I spent mingling and brainstorming with other budding and established entrepreneurs was inspiring. Who knew coworking could be so much fun?! I have some follow up to do, obviously. I will need to take some time to think of my next move. After selling a few accessories and pieces of clothes at the Buffalo Exchange in Georgetown, I realize that I need less. The more options I have, the more distractions to be had.

It's about that time. If I pitch to the right contacts, the right companies, then I could catch a lucky break. I have a mini challenge for the week and that is to pitch. Nothing more, nothing less. Pitch to marketing and PR firms/agencies every day this week. Pitch to websites and magazines that match my interests. Rejection is expected but it certainly does not hurt to try. Yoda was right - "Do or do not. There is no try".

Happy pitching!

P.S. A special thank you to all of our veterans, past, present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by