Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Twittering

Yes, it's true. I am on Twitter. Second time is the charm. My first foray into the world of tweets was early this year with my account @volunteerista. Cute, right? I love volunteering and participating in community service projects. Doing a good deed is a no-brainer and helping others and the environment are plusses in my book. Plus, volunteering helps businesses too. I was the kid who collected everyone's soda cans to make sure they were recycled. And in high school, I tutored middle school students and woke up early to stuff bags at breast cancer walks. The list goes on and on. I have a few volunteer opportunities this fall and winter that I will post later.

Anyway ,I started a new account that corresponds with this blog. With Twitter, I can connect with millions of people about my interests in business, career, female entreneurship and the occasional tweet about fashion, music, travel and food. More importantly, people can reach out to me. Side note - One of my comments on Forbes was called out today. Exciting! Thanks Deborah.

Later today, I'm going to send an email to a blogger named Annie, whom I met at the BlogHer conference, to let her know I finally started this project and I'm on Twitter.  I'm not sure how much work it will be to get followers and write cheeky but interesting tweets. We'll see what happens.

Happy Tweeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by