Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Running in Circles

 
I seriously need a nap. I woke up before seven this morning to volunteer. Unfortunately, there was traffic and minor delays on Metro. I was already running behind and those two predicaments did not alleviate my situation in the least. Funny enough, I never found the volunteer site. The building was locked and I never saw a soul or any signage. So, what did I do? I went to Starbucks. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do love free WiFi! I double checked my email to make sure I had the correct information, which I did. Never heard from anyone. Lesson learned: Confirm all details 24 hours and get a contact name and number.

Sun's so bright at Starbucks

I did enjoy the nice weather and took a stroll before heading back home. Aside from that morning snafu, I got an email back from Alaina at The Everygirl, one of my favorite career sites for young women. I was surprised but happy for her quick response. Looks like we will be meeting up soon!

On another note, in the last 24 hours, I've sold two shoes on eBay! I am not sure if I'm even close to mastering any type of sales strategy but I do sell some cute shoes. I hope the buyers write a glowing review of my customer service. After all, I do provide free shipping.

To round out this day, I have a career coaching call with Anna Runyan of Classy Career Girl. Not sure what to expect but I'm open-minded. It certainly can't hurt to get some professional advice and guidance. And this session is free!

Off to finish a few errands before that call. Glad tomorrow is Friday. I will re-cap all the running around I did and add a few more pictures too. Cheers.

P.S. Still haven't attempted to use my Blackberry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by