Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BBM

I should be sleeping or at least in the process of sleeping but I cannot get over the fact that I have a Blackberry. I am hesitant to use it because I don't want to damage it or worse, break it entirely. I came to possess said device by way of my business development internship. My friend's dad owns a new business and is looking for someone to drive leads and find potential clients. I am a learner and worker, so this opportunity might be a great fit. We had a nice business lunch in beautiful Old Town Alexandria. As usual, I forgot to take pictures but I dressed nicely and brought copies of my resume. I had the opportunity to talk about my interest in business and past work experience. It was nice to hear from a new business owner. It's exciting to be a part of something that is growing.

Yesterday and today were long and busy. Tomorrow won't be any different. Networking, going to events or meeting up with people is a lot of work. I suppose it's the only way to make connections and be "in-the-know". I wasn't feeling too well by the time I got home so I skipped out  on two other events that I was looking forward to but I'm too worried. 

Though last night's NAPW meeting was cancelled I got a great book from Lisa Goodnight at AAUW. Secrets of Powerful Women: Leading Change for A New Generation has been a good read thus far. There are so many inspirational stories and quotes. One of my favorites is, "collect experiences, not things" from Grey Wolf. A simple truth to mull over the next few days...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Lucky IJ. Powered by